Contribute Content to Transmission Digest
Are you a transmission shop owner, store manager, technician or parts manufacturer/distributor? Do you want to share your knowledge with other industry professionals using the most powerful platform in the industry? Do you want to potentially be a paid content creator for Transmission Digest and Babcox Media?
If so, the Transmission Digest Content Portal is for you!
How do I start?
Write something based on your knowledge and experience that would be helpful to others who are involved in parts sales and distribution.
What are potential topics?
- Transmission technology – Explore innovations and trends that are affecting the transmission repair industry.
- Customer service. Tips and tricks for improving customer communications.
- Electronics and wiring – illustrate case studies of wiring problems and transmission control module issues.
- e-Commerce – Are you selling rebuilt transmissions online? Write about how to setup an eCommerce site and describe best practices.
- Success stories – Share how you or your business triumphed in the face of adversity.
- Milestones – Let readers know about people or businesses celebrating anniversaries, awards or other accomplishments.
- Professional development. Discuss training seminars that help your team improve and bring in new repair jobs.
- Day in the life – Share what it’s like to work in the transmission industry and what you find most rewarding.
- Giving back – Share how your business is making a difference in the community.
- General repair – Talk about ways to incorporate other repair work with transmission jobs, i.e., brake work, engine work, LOF, etc.
How long does it have to be?
The minimum word count is 250 words. Longer submissions have a greater chance of being included as a feature post and in our print publications. With that said, don’t worry too much about word count. Instead, focus on telling the story that you’d like to tell, in as many words as it takes to convey the entire story.
Do I have to be a professional writer?
No. We want you to focus on the accuracy and authenticity of your content. Our experienced team of editors at Babcox Media can polish your content for grammar, style, brevity and flow. After submitting an article, an editor will be assigned to you.
How do I increase my chances of being published online and eventually in print?
- Be visual. Include as many unique photos as possible. High-quality videos will also make your submission go to the top.
- Be original. We want fresh and exclusive content from you.
- Be regular. We are looking for consistent submissions so we can help you build a following.
- In your bio, name your experience, certifications and what makes you an authority in your field.
- Include any website links that might be relevant to your content.
- Include your social media handles so we can help promote you and the post.