Contribute Content to TechShop
Are you an automotive technician, shop owner or trainer? Do you want to share your knowledge about shop tools and equipment with other professionals in the industry using the most powerful platform? Do you want to potentially be a paid content creator for Babcox Media? If so, the TechShop Content Portal is for you!
How do I start?
Write something based on your experience that could help other technicians and shop owners.
What are potential topics?
- A case study of how specific tools or pieces of equipment helped you solve a difficult repair.
- Information about a new technology that is challenging the tool and equipment industry.
- Write a review on a recent tool or equipment purchase.
- Tips and tricks on using shop tools, equipment and/or supplies to be more efficient in the shop.
How long does it have to be?
Approximately 500-1,000 words.
Do I have to be a professional writer?
No, we want you to worry about the accuracy and originality of your content. On staff at Babcox Media, we have more than a dozen veteran editors that can polish your submission for grammar and style. After submission, an editor will be assigned to you.
How do I increase my chances of being published online and eventually in print?
- Be visual. Include as many unique photos as possible. High-quality videos will also make your submission go to the top.
- Be original. We want fresh and exclusive content from you.
- Be regular. We are looking for consistent submissions so we can help you build a following.
- Submit a photo of yourself (head and shoulders). In your bio, include your experience, certifications and what makes you an authority in your field.
- Include shop and company websites.
- Once the article is posted, engage with the comments on your article online.
- Include your social media handles so we can help promote you and the post.