Contribute Content to Counterman
Are you a counter person, store owner, store manager, jobber, warehouse distributor or parts manufacturer? Do you want to share your knowledge with other parts professionals using the most powerful platform in the industry? Do you want to potentially be a paid content creator for Counterman and Babcox Media?
If so, the Counterman Content Portal is for you!
How do I start?
Write something based on your knowledge and experience that would be helpful to others who are involved in parts sales and distribution.
What are potential topics?
- Automotive technology – Explore innovations and trends that are affecting the aftermarket.
- Customer service.
- Selling tips and best practices.
- Vehicle systems – Help other parts specialists stay sharp.
- Industry trends – From e-commerce to parts proliferation, there’s plenty to talk about.
- Success stories – Share how you or your business triumphed in the face of adversity.
- Milestones – Let readers know about people or businesses celebrating anniversaries, awards or other accomplishments.
- Professional development.
- Day in the life – Share what it’s like to work in the parts profession and what you find most rewarding.
- Giving back – Share how your business is making a difference in the community.
How long does it have to be?
The minimum word count is 250 words. Longer submissions have a greater chance of being included as a feature post and in our print publications. With that said, don’t worry too much about word count. Instead, focus on telling the story that you’d like to tell, in as many words as it takes to convey the entire story.
Do I have to be a professional writer?
No. We want you to focus on the accuracy and authenticity of your content. Our experienced team of editors at Babcox Media can polish your content for grammar, style, brevity and flow. After submitting an article, an editor will be assigned to you.
How do I increase my chances of being published online and eventually in print?
- Be original. We want fresh and exclusive content from you.
- Be visual. Include as many unique photos as possible. High-quality videos also will make your submission go to the top.
- Be regular. We’re looking for consistent submissions so we can help you build a following.
- Include a bio with your name, current job title, experience, certifications and what makes you an authority in your field.
- Include a photo of yourself.
- Include any website links that might be relevant to your content.
- When your article generates comments from readers, engage with them online.
- Include your social media handles so we can help promote you and the post.