Contribute Content to BodyShop Business
Are you a collision repair facility owner or manager, technician, painter, consultant, PBE professional or collision equipment/refinish manufacturer? Do you want to share your knowledge with other professionals in the industry? Here at the BodyShop Business Content Portal, you can share your expertise with the readers of BodyShop Business.
How do I start?
You have a story to tell and our readers want to hear it. Share something based on your experience that other individuals in the industry learn from to help them be more successful.
What are potential topics?
What’s on your mind? Below are some potential topics to help you get started.
- Technical, how-to content.
- Stories about your shop’s success.
- Thought leadership.
- Industry trend analysis.
- Op-ed pieces (opinion).
How long does it have to be?
The minimum word count is 250 words. Longer submissions have a greater chance of being included as a feature post and in our print publications. Don’t worry too much about a word count. Worry about the story you are going to tell.
Do I have to be a professional writer?
No, we want you to worry about the accuracy and originality of your content. After submission, an editor from the publication will be assigned to you.
How do I increase my chances of being published online and eventually in print?
- Be visual. Include as many unique photos as possible. High-quality videos will also make your submission go to the top. (Please obtain permission from the individuals in the photograph before submission and note the photographer or videographer with each submission if it is someone other than yourself.)
- Be original. We want fresh and exclusive content from you.
- Be regular. We are looking for consistent submissions so we can help you build a following.
- Include a photo of yourself. In your bio, name your experience, certifications and what makes you an authority in your field.
- Include shop and company websites.
- Engage with the comments on your article online.
- Include your social media handles so we can help promote you and the post.
- This is NOT a sales pitch. We are looking for insight about topics in our industry. For more information about advertising in BodyShop Business, contact your Babcox Media sales representative.
Can I Submit Press Releases?
Are you a manufacturer or distributor and have a press release to share with BodyShop Business readers? Email press releases as they become available to: jsta[email protected]. Do not use the content portal for press releases.