Contribute Content to Engine Builder
Are you an engine builder, machinist, shop owner, industry expert, or manufacturer? Do you want to share your knowledge with other professionals in the industry using the most powerful platform? Do you want to potentially be a paid content creator for Babcox Media?
The Engine Builder Content Portal is for you!
How do I start?
Write something based on your experience that could help other engine builders, machinists and shop owners.
What are potential topics?
- A case study of a difficult repair.
- Information about a new technology that is challenging our industry.
- Tool/machine review on your latest purchase.
- Stories about shop management success.
- Tips and tricks
- Technical content on components, machining processes or engines.
How long does it have to be?
The minimum word count is 600 words. Maximum word count is 2,000 words. Longer submissions have a greater chance of being included as a feature post in our print publication. Don’t worry too much about a word count. Worry about the story you are going to tell.
Do I have to be a professional writer?
No, we want you to worry about the accuracy and originality of your content. On staff at Engine Builder, we have veteran editors that can polish your submission for grammar and style.
How do I increase my chances of being published online and eventually in print?
- Be visual. Include as many unique photos as possible. High-quality videos will also make your submission go to the top.
- Be original. We want fresh and exclusive content from you.
- Be regular. We are looking for consistent submissions so we can help you build a following.
- Include a photo of yourself. In your bio, name your experience, certifications and what makes you an authority in your field.
- Include shop and company websites.
- Engage with the comments on your article online.
- Include your social media handles so we can help promote you and the post.